Early this spring I thinned the peaches on our side of the fence, leaving us with a few nice fat ones. Some of the branches got so heavy that FFM could easily reach up to pick a peach as he passed by. Travis, of course, did the same. F's pal Emma helped out, she bounced over one evening and told me proudly she'd managed to eat FIVE peaches!
Thursday, August 16, 2012
So Many Peaches
We are lucky to live in a neighborhood chock full of fruit trees. We don't have any in our own yard, but our next door neighbors have cherry, apple, and peach that all share a fence with us. They've kindly asserted that EVERYTHING we can reach on our side of the fence is ours, and we should eat and pick away. We just picked the last peach of the season. I had grand plans of jams, pies, all kinds of yummy sauces. These are the only peaches I managed to get my hands on.
Early this spring I thinned the peaches on our side of the fence, leaving us with a few nice fat ones. Some of the branches got so heavy that FFM could easily reach up to pick a peach as he passed by. Travis, of course, did the same. F's pal Emma helped out, she bounced over one evening and told me proudly she'd managed to eat FIVE peaches!
Early this spring I thinned the peaches on our side of the fence, leaving us with a few nice fat ones. Some of the branches got so heavy that FFM could easily reach up to pick a peach as he passed by. Travis, of course, did the same. F's pal Emma helped out, she bounced over one evening and told me proudly she'd managed to eat FIVE peaches!

0 comments:
Post a Comment