FFM and pal Emma are fond of THE BIG PRODUCTION and whenever they get together I am entertained by endless puppet shows, pretend plays using bits and bobs from the dress up bin, and singing and dancing. When they aren't paying attention, or demanding mine, I listen in to their imaginations run wild during play time - today, bubble party pirate escape while hunting for hidden treasure with a dash of pet thunderbolt tiger.
Currently they hide behind various pieces of medium to large sized furniture while staging their shows. Like all kids they are growing and growing and growing and are quickly getting bigger than a lot of the furniture I'll let them crawl on. I have some fabric stashed in the basement, remnants from another project long ago, and decided that while the kids were becoming world class contortionists as well as accomplished puppeteers that perhaps a legitimate theater was something I could pull off.
It fits right inside the doorway with a tension rod and is totally kiddo friendly. The curtains raise up and down and have tiny little velcro tie backs. My favorite part? The whole thing rolls up into a nifty little easily stored package.
| my favorite part, the fringe that makes me think of decor in a real theater |
Here's Act III, Kangaroo of the Zoo.
It gets even better...I cut carefully and ended up with enough fabric that I could make an almost matching theater for Emma (curtains and bottom drape are reverse colors from FFM's). Now there can be shows on BOTH sides of the greenbelt. Let the drama begin!

0 comments:
Post a Comment