Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Monday, August 16, 2010

It's Been a Big Week

We like busy weeks, which is great because we've had a lot of them lately. This past week (give or take) we got a lot of good news, had a lot of good times, and got to see some family and friends.

We learned our cousin Matt got into pharmacy school and he's in the process of moving from Kansas out here to Denver to attend Regis University. Go Matt!

Another cousin, Sarah, set a date for her wedding to a great guy, Brian. He makes her really happy and that makes me happy :)

FFM, Travis and I were all featured photos taken at the Denver Museum of Science Members Night. They had a professional photographer taking photos for new marketing materials they are working on for some of their new exhibits and we got snapped (OK, he really liked FFM and sort of followed him around the museum). I had no idea they were public and online until a friend of mine spotted us on facebook. Thanks Mollie!

F I and got our tongues dyed blue all in the name of science!


F found a bench shaped like an alpaca and went on a joyous ride.


FFM started a Spanish class and is learning numbers, colors, and who knows what else all in Spanish, a language I have an extremely limited vocabulary in. The teacher kicked out all the moms on the first day so all I know he's learning for sure is the fun bird song they end each class with. I can tell you birds say cheep cheep in Spanish just like they do in English (and they do it in the car all the way home, too).

Our neighborhood picnic was this past weekend and at the last minute we learned that someone arranged for the fire department to come with one of their fire trucks. Oh my, what a hit with all the kids. Not only did they get a hands on tour of the outside and inside of the truck, they all got to sit in the drivers seat (F was FIRST in line) and honk the horn, turn on the lights, and run the siren! The open space where the picnic was held was at the end of our street so that's where the truck parked. FFM is still talking about the fire truck that parked on his street.

My Grandpa Minnick just celebrated his 85th birthday. He and my grandma and uncle came all the way out here from Kansas so I was lucky enough to get to celebrate it with him. FFM was in heaven with all the attention.

The fall term of preschool starts tomorrow, we went to the open house last week, and during the open house FFM announced 'I love Miss Walker. Can I go to school NOW?' Tomorrow morning cannot come soon enough for F, who is the ONLY kid on our street who is excited about school starting this week!

0 comments: