Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Monday, August 30, 2010

Go Broncos! The maiden voyage...

Travis here again....

Saturday the 21st of August was a momentus day in sports history - FFM's First Broncos Game! In true urban fashion, we rode the train to get to the stadium. The folks sitting across from us managed to guess that FFM and I were headed to watch the Broncos; must have been our aura or something....



At the Mile High train stop there are giant stone footballs - perfect for photos on a beautiful day. "I love football!"The requisite photo outside the south stands, with Bucky standing guard up top. (Trivia buffs: Bucky stood atop the original Mile High and John Elway tried to buy him when the old stadium was being torn down a number of years ago, but good sense and sentiment prevailed and Bucky has a perch for years to come.)
FFM: "Wow! We're wwaaaayyy up here!"
"May I have some more popcorn, please?"
"OOh! Fireworks!"
"Hey Daddy, look at those ladies dancing"
"What's that horse doing down there?"
Daddy: "Isn't this fun, FFM? Just about 20 minutes more until the game starts..."
FFM was looking rather serious in this shot. I think he was checking out the haircut of the guy taking the picture. Or maybe waiting for more popcorn. Anyway, he was having a ball at Broncos vs. Lions.
We stayed through the beginning halftime, even catching a Broncos touchdown with three seconds left in the half (and the resultant fireworks, music, lots of cheering and excitement).

Overall, I think the highlights for FFM were (in approximately this order):
Train ride.
Fireworks and music.
Popcorn/pretzel/nachos.
Ladies dancing (cheerleaders).
Horses on the field (mascots).
Men falling down/somesaulting (actual football).
His next live Broncos game will be next year, and I'm sure he'll be just as enthusiastic.

0 comments: