Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Oh the Logic

This is the way conversations are starting to go in our house. And it freaks me out a little bit.

FFM's gotten really interested in the 'big kid' concept. He's determined to be a 'big kid' and wants to know the criteria. He's not toilet trained yet (I'm not pushing it, he's not even 2.5 yet and our life is still in major upheaval) and is having trouble staying in his big boy bed. So right now the explanation is that big kids 1) stay in bed and 2) don't use diapers, they use the potty. FFM's not a baby anymore, he's a 'little' kid. After a few rounds of this talk he's accepted the explanation, and while not happy about not being a big kid yet he gets it.

Fast forward to this morning. Because of the not-staying-in-bed all of his books have moved, temporarily, into my room along with the rocking chair. FFM LOVES the rocking chair and LOVES reading in said rocking chair and will entertain himself by rocking in the chair and looking at books. So, during my shower this morning he plopped himself into the chair with a couple of books and got busy reading to himself.

Checking up on him a few minutes later I found him quietly rocking along. A few minutes later the rocking was getting pretty boisterous. F, I say, please just do medium rocks, not big big rocks in the rocking chair. FFM says OK, medium rocks, thinks for a minute, and slows down. Then looks straight at me and says:

Mom, I medium kid, not big kid. Not little kid. Medium kid.

Did I want to laugh out loud, oh yes, so badly. Did I duck around the corner and I have a little chuckle? Yes indeed. Oh my. He's going to be a handful.

0 comments: