The living room is mostly down to our chair and sofa and rental furniture now. At least I still have a place to sit.
FFM's old room seemed like the logical place to accumulate toys and kid stuff.
This is what five sets of Ikea "Trofast" toy storage cabinets look like when they are disassembled. Ikea is made for expatriates: relatively inexpensive, immediately available, and packs flat when it's time to go.
The guest room is the holding pen for general household goods.
Stacks of clothes inhabit the bedroom.
The playroom gets more toys and duffel bags. The bags will go with me on the plane. I have them out now and as I think of something that would be useful to have in Denver before March, I stick it in a bag.
The ubiquitous, inevitable, and thoroughly enjoyed books. I love being in a family that reads.
And, lest you think I am starving as a temporary bachelor, a shot of the fridge to demonstrate that I do, in fact still have something in it. One of the immutable, perpetual, and inescapable fundamental facts of the universe is that the last things in the refrigerator will always include mustard, pickles, and something to drink.
Before long the rental company will come collect the appliances and assorted furniture, the movers will come to pack our things, the utilities will get turned off or transferred, and I'll turn in house, car and work keys. Thus will quietly end the logistical unplugging from this episode of our intraplanetary travels.
-Travis

1 comments:
at: November 10, 2009 at 9:40 PM said...
I especially like your "coffee table" in your living room! Mom
Post a Comment