Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, November 14, 2009

Oh How I Love to Sit

The sofas are coming, the sofas are coming!!! Finally, we will have some furniture to sit on in our poor little house. Other than the folding camp chairs I've been using, that it. As soon our offer was accepted on this house I started furniture shopping in earnest, but buying 'real' furniture means ordering it, which means waiting for it to be built and delivered.

Everything I ordered is built here in the US, so I suspect that the current job scene means that furniture factories might be running on a smaller than normal staff, which means our furniture has been extra slow to come. We did get some hard goods delivered already back in late October, a new kitchen table and the tables for our living room, but nothing to sit on. Travis needs to help pick out the chairs for the kitchen table, we learned long ago that since he's so much taller than me we like very different chairs. Currently F and I sit on folding chairs in the kitchen, too. And the sofas, well they just took a while. I also have a new chair for our family room on order that should be here just in time for Christmas and will pick up one more chair for the family room in a couple weeks.

I did do a little happy dance when the delivery call came, now just to work out a time they can get into the house...

0 comments: