Back in early September I was browsing in a children's consignment shop, anxious to outfit my child in snow gear for the winter. I was pawing through a large rack of puffy snow clothes and FFM spied a tiny (and I mean tiny) rack of costumes. He found this one. And latched on to it. FFM does not latch on to stuff. I'm incredibly lucky that we can actually walk in and out of any toy store without temper tantrums. He's very very good about picking up toys, books, etc but understands when it's time to go he's got to leave them at the store.
But this, this was the first and ONLY thing he would NOT release. Boy, says me, I sure hope it's his size and I'm awfully glad it's super cute. I put the top on him, thinking if it fits I can make do even if the pants don't fit, and - Whew! it fits. Then. It. Would. Not. Come. Off. No, not because it was stuck, my toddler decided for the first time ever this was it. NO MOMMY KANGOO STAY ON!!!! There was no removing it. Now, it was nearly 90F outside that day and he's sweating, but this discussion goes on and on and there comes a point (anyone who's been the mother of a two year old knows) where you just say, keep the $*%(@!# (edited for little ears of course) kangaroo on and you're just glad it fits and you're not buying some really ridiculous too big/small thing and you happily go pay for it.
Let me tell you the discussion when we got the carseat and the tail wouldn't fit wasn't so pretty.
So now we're up to Halloween. We did a practice run last week at Lowry Town Center. Grannie Annie came along. We nearly got blown away it was so windy, but it was great fun.
Today FFM got a special Halloween treat from his pal Debi, a new used wagon! Complete with Halloween windmill.
P.S. If you ask FFM what that baby kangaroo is called he'll tell you it's not a baby, it's a joey :)

1 comments:
at: November 5, 2009 at 11:20 AM said...
Aawwwwww!!! He is just soooo adorable!! And I love his trick!
Hope you got a fab Halloween stash of treats. Big hugs, Yasmin and Leo
Post a Comment