One day, we had a tea party in the back yard.
Friday, October 23, 2009
Just Another October Week
Ah yes, the dysfunctional weather of October in Colorado. Oh, HOW I've missed you (seriously, I have). To be able to go from shorts and flip-flops one day to parkas and snowboots the very next, that has to be truly unique to Colorado.

And then it snowed. And was grey and sort of yucky. But we got a fair bit of snow, and moisture here in the high desert in never anything to sniff about. I'd guess a couple of inches at least, wet heavy stuff that compacted a lot. Had it been colder the snow would have been fluffier and it would have been at least twice as much accumulation.

Winter clothes are a new experience for FFM. I knit this sweater while we lived in Brisbane (this picture's for Sara H.) and knit it and re-knit it, never getting it quite right. I was going off-pattern to try to make it a little bigger/longer so I'd get the size right for his age and the southern/northern hemisphere seasons and I just never did get it. It ended up being sort of lumpy and big and I just finished it and gave up. Turns out I nailed it for a 2.3 year old who just moved to Colorado! He loves his 'sheep' sweater and I love that it ought to fit him most of this winter. Sara, it's coming your way as soon as it warms up this spring and we don't need it anymore.

0 comments:
Post a Comment