Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, March 12, 2009

Knit 1....

Last night I hosted a girls night in with a crafty theme. Some ladies scrapbooked, some worked on kids crafts for an upcoming party, and several learned how to knit. Kelly, the scrapbooker, snuck in with her camera and captured some really intense looks of concentration from the neophyte knitters.

A front door/back door analogy for front/back of stitches worked for Katie who then got knitting away.

Kirsty had a dish towel knitted by the end of the evening! She's a natural and even moved on to purling and decreasing. And check out that posture, if only I could sit up that straight.

Jen started on pink yarn and the fuzzies kept getting all tangled. We switched to less fuzzy teal yarn and she took off! Judit told us stories of all the jumpers (aka sweaters) she knit when she was 14.

It was heaps of fun, next time we'll start on pattern reading and start a project. And maybe I'll get some K1, P2 in, too ;)

0 comments: