Joondalup's part of greater Perth, about 25 minutes north of where we live. I poked around this morning and discovered they were having a festival this weekend. With the fair fall weather and the lazy heads around here partially due to the time change (we fell back an hour last night but Mr. Man was still up at his regular time) a short and low key trip north sounded good. With our slow start this morning it was about all we had time for before needing to squeeze in an afternoon nap.
It turned out to be a decent fair for a suburban event. First up, the bizarre petting zoo. FFM was intrigued by the half dozen caged furry, fuzzy, noisy creatures. Especially this one...
...which then suddenly squirted him with water (out of the blue bump). Other 'animals' rumbled/vibrated, had cyclops eyes that periscoped up and down, and one had a high pitched screech that escalated when you pet it.
Lunch was across the street from the kiddy rides, and it was all we could do to keep FFM off the 'Dragon Wagon' roller coaster. He made do with this ride, the BIG TRUCK RACE, which was much safer for his 1.75 years of age. He's in the white one.
The horns honked, the steering wheels turned, it was bliss for our vehicle obsessed child.
Faster, faster!
Other highlights were the singing, dancing duck (person in costume), the BMX bike show, and some Chinese acrobats. The duck sang "If you're happy and you know it" and FFM dance boogied.
During dinner I peeked out the patio doors and instead of being blinded by the setting sun, now that the clocks have changed, I now catch the end of the sunset. It was quite colorful tonight and I tried to catch it by frantically running upstairs to grab the camera and the better view off the balcony. Two shots, within less than 5 seconds of each other. Blurry since I was in so big a hurry to catch the last rays I didn't bother with changing any camera settings or even trying to stand very still.

0 comments:
Post a Comment