Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, March 19, 2008

No, Mom, I swear it's true!

I stayed up late the other night to call my mom early her time to discuss a little project we're working on. While we were chatting I asked her to keep an eye out for the ONLY sippy cups that FFM likes. We can get a million cups here, but does he use any of them? Of course not, he only deigns to use the two Gerber cups I bought on a whim back before he was born and guess what, I can't get them here. Or get anything at all like them. The upside, they're the cheapest and simplest sippy cups I think Gerber makes, so at least it's not expensive to buy them. Just to ship them.
Anyway, during this conversation I'm trying to explain to my mom why FFM won't use the millions of sippy cups here. About 95% of the cups here come with non-removable handles, and the remaining 5% either don't have a valve or have a soft sippy spout (all about the hard plastic thank you very much). I give FFM a cup with handles and he looks at me like, "What? What's this strange cup and how do you expect me to pick it up? There are THINGS in the way!" He's quite capable of picking up and holding a cup/bottle without handles and most definitely prefers it.
So there I am, in the middle of the night, trying to explain to my mom how my 8.5 month old 'palms' his bottles. She's laughing, and really it is quite funny. So yesterday I took some pictures so she could see exactly what he looks like drinking his bottle. He can't quite palm the sippy cup yet, it's too bumpy on the bottom, but he does wrangle it one handed.
And here's the one handedview. Not at all into a two handed hold, except to pick it up. He'll flip back and forth between hands. See, handles would just get in the way.
And that, folks, is more than you ever wanted to know about how to hold a bottle.

0 comments: