The most digusting baby thing ever happened to me today. And I know digusting baby things- trust me you see a lot when you work daycare (not that daycare does bad things for kids, you just see a lot of different kids so get the chance to be exposed to more than just your own). And my experience today was more digusting than any baby snot drool or poop, even though there was a baby excrement discussion among moms here today...
No, this was worse, way worse. It was a silent throw up. Of about 12 quarts. In my lap, FFM's lap, all over the 'First Book of Colors' board book that we were reading. AND that's not the best part, the real kicker is that it was after a dinner of fish with cheese sauce, cauliflower, finally followed up by yogurt for dessert. The situation is made worse by the fact that I absolutely detest both yogurt and fish. And seriously, could I have created a smellier dinner? In my attempts at being not-the-world's-worst-mom I am exposing Finn to a variety of yummy and tasty things that are good for him (even if I won't eat them). I have NEVER had anything so slimy and smelly and gross all over my lap. And FFM's thrown up on me A LOT. Today it was the amazing stench that did me in.
He's had both of these delectable dishes before so the dinner wasn't the cause of the upset, (insert drumroll here), it's more likely the TEETH that we're pretty sure we are starting to see come up!
After FFM crabbing about all day I did a gum check after our playdate friends all left and it sure looks to me like at least one little white line trying to work it's way up from that bottom gum. He SCREAMED when I got near his lower jaw, which is a new trick, so we may be losing our gummy little man soon for a toothy little grin. I'm not holding my breath for teeth, though, we've been thinking he's been teething for the past five months so this is probably going to take a while.
And one last note, in case you think I'm exaggerating about the world's most disgusting mess, even Travis was sure he saw vapors rising from me, FFM, and the pile of gross, soggy clothes that awaited him when he came home from work today. And remember, he sometimes works at sewage plants.

0 comments:
Post a Comment