Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bags of glee

Some days things just go right. And since it's always easy to write about the days when they don't, today it's all about things that DO.


Today I went grocery shopping. I found everything I needed. FFM was pretty well behaved, grocery shopping is hard for him, it's a long time to have to sit still, even with his nifty cart cover which has toys all over it. There was no line at the check out. My bill was slightly less than I expected. AND, the best part of all, the manager himself was checking me out and he bagged my groceries. I have NEVER EVER had my groceries bagged so well. This guy is my grocery bagging twin. It's like he took a look at my cabinets at home and KNEW exactly how I like my groceries sacked. Bags not too full, not too empty, like items together, it was brilliant. I've been home a while now and I'm still happy about it. It's the little things in life, really it is.

While at the store I discovered yet another way our darling son is just like his father. Travis' mom, Penny, tells the story of the day she took Travis to the store and he somehow got into the carton of eggs in the basket and quite deliberately dropped them one by one from his perch in the cart onto the store floor. FFM hasn't quite mastered that yet, perhaps because I haven't bought any eggs the last two trips, but every item I put into the cart within his reach gets pulled out and put into his seat. Nothing dropped out yet, but it's only a matter of time. He's dexterous enough that we have to go down the middle of the aisle now, he reaches for items on the shelves, too. EVERYTHING is SO COLORFUL at the store, and plainly FFM thinks we must need at least one of everything. The produce section is the most difficult!

0 comments: