Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, March 12, 2013

All Hail Snow

So that little cold, turned into a massive whopper that laid me out for nearly a week. I got little sympathy from my darling husband who was also nursing his own ailment. While Moms don't get sick days (we still have to fulfill our chauffeur duties, homework duties, activity duties, and at least make sure someone fixes meals) I let everything else slide for the week and took a few naps.

Before the great Moore epidemic of 2013 we snuck in a weekend with the Gales, technically my aunt and cousins but more like Finn's aunt and cousins since they're fairly close in age. We headed to their place in Winter Park and bagged skiing for some low key activities like tubing and dinner out (the epidemic was incubating and we were SLLLOOOOWWWW).

F and Skylar hitting the tubing hill
 A delicious birthday dinner for Melinda at Devil's Thumb Ranch outside of Fraser included a roaring fire pit and s'mores. Yum.
proving that wine and s'mores really do go together



While I laid on the couch most of next couple of days I was feeling better (and was finally fever free) on Wednesday for my regular volunteering at school. Parent teacher conferences started that day and F's teacher kindly scheduled ours during my now regular volunteer shift. Things are going very well at school, F's reading grows by leaps and bounds every week and his writing is coming along quickly. His reluctance to write is gone, he's given up being perfect (a stumbling block before) and the words and sentences are flowing.

Teacher conferences also mean a couple days off school so teachers can meet with all the parents. Since we had our conference on Wednesday we had Thursday and Friday to play. Of course we headed for the hills where there's been lots of snow. F did ski school while I wrapped up my recuperation. Saturday we were supposed to head back to Denver for a birthday party, but when news of the "GREAT" blizzard of 2013 hit we opted to avoid the road mess in Denver had a mother/son ski day instead. Like Travis says, it's always a good day when your lap fills up with snow while you ride the chairlift.
There's nothing he likes better than
a powder day!
This week I'm plugging in my iPod and playing catch up on all the things that slid last week. Forget cleaning, I'm just trying to unearth most of the horizontal surfaces in our house. I'm also preparing to co-host a baby shower this weekend, here comes Baby Wallin!

0 comments: