Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pre-Surgery Nesting

I have this weird mania right now and I finally figured out what it is.  I'm nesting. Yes, like the nesting you do when you are pregnant except I'm not. I've got hip surgery in less than two weeks and I'm trying to cover all the bases before I go down for the count. I make endless lists of things to get done before I can't walk anymore. Travis' honey-do list is growing exponentially every time I orbit near it and I'm sure my friends and family are tired of me double checking that they are set to chauffeur FFM around on their set days. FFM is on a crash course of how to do everything himself without Mom to remind him 137 times.  You can guess how well that's going.

Today, after I spent the morning volunteering at school I -
Made lunch while supervising piano practice
Made five more freezer meals + dinner
Cut back stuff in the yard before spring gets too far along
Lugged the sprinkler around the yard for a deep water for all the trees
Cleaned out and reorganized the pantry
Built and filled two sets of Ikea office drawers
Reorganized office
Cleaned office
Replenished T's oatmeal stock
While at store realized I have a headlight out so F and I dashed over to GMC to get it replaced
Filled car with gas
Stopped at garden center to pick up some essentials for our new veggie plot
Cleaned a bathroom
Rearranged T's office furniture
Made my Costco list

Most of that was before F's 7pm bedtime.  No wonder I'm tired. Now, a bowl of Rocky Road and an hour of junky TV are calling my name.

0 comments: