It's definitely spring skiing when your entire party stops for lunch (all two of us) because you have bugs up your noses. Bugs and skiing don't go together.
It was a good day today, warm, sunny, still snow to ski on and FFM kept asking to ski blue runs and margels. "Where are the margels, Mommy? I want some margels!"
Huh? Turns out margels = MOGULS. We finally found some and he was a happy camper.
FFM bailing on skis has been a pain in my patootie all season. Getting up unassisted is the last hurdle he has to overcome before graduating to the next level in ski school. Clever ski school calls it the "Rainbow Ladybug." See, you make a nice arc from your fallen body to the tip of your ski (rainbow) and you walk your hands along it to get your body up off the ground (lovely ladybug walking along it). Goes along with other cool skills like banana monkey/gorilla and duck walk. We've begged, pleaded, bribed, coerced, and sung rainbow ladybug. No go. Suddenly last week something clicked and in typical FFM style he went from zero to total skill domination in 20 minutes. On our first run today FFM fell and I was in front of him and didn't notice. He's supposed to holler like mad so I'll stop, but today, not a peep. I had gone over a rise and *gasp* I COULDN'T EVEN SEE HIM!!! ARGH!!!! I started hiking back up the hill, hoping he hadn't gone over the side, crashed into a tree, or crashed into another skiier. I'd taken about five steps when he popped over the rise with a giant grin on his face.
"Mommy! I crashed and a girl asked if I needed help but I told her no because yesterday I remembered how to do Rainbow Ladybug all on my own!"
After I breathed my big sigh of relief and sorted out 4yr old syntax, we had a refresher about how to holler to stop even though he remembers how to get up on his own now. Who knows what that poor girl thinks Rainbow Ladybug is.


1 comments:
at: March 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM said...
WOOHOO!!
Post a Comment