Having a teething toddler who's pretty sure he knows what's best for him (even though he's not two yet) can often lead to long, frustrating days for both of us. But the days are full of hilarious episodes, too, and I'm putting this one down for posterity because it will make me smile on those days when it's harder to remember...
We're both in the kitchen loading lunch dishes into the dishwasher and I hand FFM some spoons to put into the silverware basket. He likes to put them in handle down, I prefer them bowl down. I take a moment to show him how to turn them around, while saying "See, let's turn it around, F."
He looks at me with total love and understanding in his eyes, smiles at me, gently takes the next spoon from my hand, does two beautiful 360 pirouettes, and places the spoon handle down in the basket.
I fall down on the kitchen floor laughing hysterically at our totally literal son who just turned around and put the spoon in the basket. He responds with kisses and hugs. I love being a mom.

0 comments:
Post a Comment