Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, February 11, 2009

beepbeep

A few months ago our darling son discovered CARS. Actually, all manner of wheeled transportation but his favorites by far are cars, VERY closely followed by airplanes. One of his consistent words now is car, and given a room full of all manner of toys, he will immediately sniff out any and all cars. Then planes.

After months of listening to brruuuuuuummmmm, vrroooooooommmmmmmn, I taught FFM to say beep beep when his car/truck/plane runs into something (usually my big toe). The last couple of weeks he's really gotten the hang of beep beep and now gives preemptive beep beeps, so I know when my big toe is about to be run into!

Today, sitting in traffic waiting for a red light to change, I heard a noise from the back seat....

'beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep.' Apparently the wee one has translated the beep beep idea to non-moving real life cars, too. Laughing out loud I explained we'd get going in a minute, but the rest of the trip the beep beeps continued at every red light.

0 comments: