Katie: "...we had corn on the cob tonight too! Very entertaining! You took photos right!?"
No, I did not take photos at the zoo. Nor did I take photos of corn on the cob night (which was a hoot). Why? Who knows. Kelly was doing such a great job taking pictures at the zoo I guess I thought I'd just snag some of hers. And I suppose I was busy enjoying my corn, too.
I did, however, take a picture of the big fat split lip FFM received after falling off the porch swing. Poor kiddo. He and dad were hanging out when I heard a thunk and crunch that made my heart stop and leap out of my chest all at the same time. Now, I am the mother of a rather clumsy 20 month old and I'm used to him crashing and bonking in to all manner of things. I'm even used to him getting bloody on a fairly regular basis. But this thunk was BAD. Bone crunching bad. And then there was no noise, which is even WORSE. I dropped what I was doing and dashed for the boys to find a silently screaming, totally bloody FFM and a slightly bewildered looking Travis. Our son took a nose dive and landed flat on his face onto the bricks. It's not the first time he's fallen on his face on the bricks and a mouthful of blood, but it is the first time from any height (oh, and that awful sound when he fell!).
Two ice packs and a quick trip to the after hours GP later and we all were feeling much better. All teeth are fine and accounted for, no strange fluids anywhere they're not supposed to be, and other than several bumps and bruises, scrapes up and down his chin, and a big split in his lower lip, FFM is just fine. He wasn't very hungry for a whole day after his spill, but is right back on track today now that most of the swelling has gone down.
Today the lip has gone from the dark red in the photo to a lovely purply-black color, but is hardly swollen at all. FFM is getting loads of attention, everywhere we go lovely ladies cluck over him and the little charmer is eating it right up.

1 comments:
at: February 27, 2009 at 9:54 PM said...
You have one of the most photographically documented children around. I doubt anyone has any real concerns about the frequency with which you take photos of FFM. There will be more zoo trips and corn-on-the-cob nights. We might just have to schedule one at our house so I can see the FFM/corn show in real time.
Post a Comment