Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, February 28, 2008

Rollin' rollin' rollin'

8 months is literally around the corner and FFM is mobile! No, not crawling yet but that kid can roll like a west Texas tumbleweed. To and fro and all over the place. Lickety split, too. Here's a diagram of where he rolled yesterday, it took him about 90 seconds to roll around the room, with some stops to inspect interesting things along the way. He ended up between the legs of the desk chair, and from that point he couldn't roll himself out (I'm not sure how he rolled himself in, but it must have involved pulling up his legs at some point), so after taking a few moments to laugh to myself at the silly pickle he'd gotten himself into and then crawling up onto the couch to take a photo, I bailed him out. This new mobility reminded me of a link to some videos that I stumbled across when I was in Dublin. It's a New Zealand outfit that does some nice informational videos for new moms about how to encourage active movement and healthy motor development. Click here if you're interested - Active Movement. I'll also put it on the sidebar under Active Baby.

PS: if you're interested in what my MIL Penny is up to check out her new blog! Penny's Larks and Yarns.

0 comments: