Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, February 5, 2008

7 month update

FFM turned 7 months last week, and while this isn't a checkup month we did our own height and weight (so not totally accurate, but pretty close). Height/length 29.5", weight ~25lbs.

His hair is getting blonder and blonder and thicker and thicker. The dark patch in the back is totally gone. When Travis and I take him out together people ask us where he got his coloring from. He does look like us - in the eyes, the skin - but the hair and eye color, which are usually the first things people notice, really throw them off.
He kicks and wiggles SO much (arms and legs flapping all the time) when we go for walks that people who are walking towards us glance, and then look back, for a longer look and smile and sometimes laugh. He's been especially popular with Asian visitors; I'm sure some of them have been sneaking photos. They love the cheeks. He found his voice, and while it's sometimes a bit screechy he also babbles the coolest conversations to me, especially in the mornings after breakfast. Naps have stabilized as long as we are home, still rough when we are out and about as he's too interested in his environment and whatever is going on around him.
(lots of background noise on video, it's not really that noisy on our balcony. It's the fan on the bubble machine that I'm sitting right next to.)

Baby food is all new here, the third time FFM's learned to adjust to new food in a new country. After about a week of spitting out everything we fed him he finally adjusted. His new foods are mostly homemade yummy veg purees which are getting lumpier and lumpier since he's pretty much chewing now. He's SO interested in real food when we're eating that I started giving him finger foods, even though he's still working on the pincer grip. Grated cheese is a huge hit, and really ripe fruit is a favorite for snacks. Cheerios here are sweetened (a lot) so for cereal finger food we do unsweetened puffed brown rice cereal. It's actually pretty good, but probably a little harder to pick up. Since he's just manhandling fistfuls right now it's OK. Yogurt is his favorite food, and if I can't get him to eat his dinner I'll often cheat and alternate bites of homemade chicken and veg with baby yogurt (milder for baby's tastes! also no bits). mmm....more cheese please...
Bedtime is about 7pm, wake up about 7-8am, and nap for appx 2 hours twice a day. SWEET! I've been waiting for this :) Naps are great! He does wake up every once in a while in the middle of the night, he's got this bad habit of rolling all around his new big boy crib (no more pack and play) and once he rolls onto his stomach he gets upset when he wakes up. It's an easy fix, just roll him over and go back to bed. If I'm the one that hears him I don't think I even wake up all the way.

1 comments:

Anonymous
at: February 8, 2008 at 3:53 PM said...

Finn is so cute, I love the bubbles. You can tell that he is such a happy baby. I'm so glad you guys came to Brisbane.

Megan Taylor