Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Monday, September 3, 2007

Rough Week

It's been a long week. Finn is not a very happy little guy these days and there's not much we've been able to figure out to change that. Due to various different circumstances in his short life Finn's seen FIVE different doctors (note, if you're going to have a baby in Ireland, or probably any of Europe, doctors tend to go on holiday for months at a time during the summer leaving you with non-contiguous health care). On one hand it's great that he's had so many different sets of eyes to check him out but on the other hand it's been hard to get people to listen when I tell them I truly think that there is something causing all this upset other than him just being a baby.
First couple of check ups it was just too early, and everything was fine, third check up we all just thought it was colic/growing pains/no big deal and frankly I was coping OK. Fourth check up it was getting exponentially worse and the doctor seemed totally unconcerned. Finally last week, when we went in for 2 month immunizations, someone started to listen. Luckily this is Finn's registered doctor so it will be the one he should see from now on, barring any more holidays. She thinks Finn is having reflux issues and put him on some meds which we hope will help...so far some improvement but nothing spectacular. I have to admit I'm a bit frustrated with the health care profession at the moment.
More medical adventures, we took Finn to a cranial osteopath. Touch therapy, I have high hopes, but we've only been once and Finn screamed the entire time (not due to anything going on during the appointment, it's just normal behavior for him now). Will update on this as it progresses.
We still are trooping onward, he seems to do OK hanging loose in the Baby Bjorn carrier which actually lends some credibility to the reflux diagnosis (staying upright is generally most comfortable for anyone suffering from reflux). He still hates his 'pram' and won't lay in it for any period of time at all. We go for walks during the day and he usually falls asleep in the BB, like a ton of bricks! I'm going to either have a strong or very sore back...
Pictures are from this past weekend and the one before...this past weekend Travis and Finn on the beach at Bull Island with Howth in the background. The heather is blooming and Howth is all purple. It was gorgeous. Even though Travis is wearing his coat the day was really quite nice, I made him wear the coat so he could zip it over Finn if the weather turned. Other picture is the weekend before at the Festival of World Cultures in Dun Laoghaire. Finn's hanging out on the pier in his CSM sweatshirt. I promise it really is him under there.
So, here's hoping that next week is better that last week...it may be a while before the next post if things don't improve soon...don't want to post again until I can do it without whining :/

0 comments: