Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, September 15, 2007

Be a Pepper

It's a good thing Dr. Pepper USED to be available in Dublin. For a very short window you could get Dr. Pepper here. When we moved here, no Dr. Pepper. About the beginning of June we could get Dr. Pepper, and up until about the beginning of September it was available in a few convenience stores in the area.
You may not know this, but I'm not much of a pop drinker. I don't do coffee or tea, so I don't really do caffeine, either. But I do like Dr. Pepper. Moving here it was OK to not have it, I really didn't miss it that much, but when I need a caffeine fix it's the thing I look for. As the parent of a newborn, I NEEDED CAFFEINE in a really bad way. Some caffeine distribution planets aligned and for a brief time Dr. Pepper was indeed available here in Dublin. Travis would go to Spar in Blackrock (one of the few places that carried it) and clean them out. He'd buy 12 bottles at a time. At 1.40euro a piece it wasn't a cheap trip to the store. Right now that's just less than $2 for a 500ml (16oz) bottle.
Now, my Dr. Pepper supply line has dried up. I prowl around in hopes that someone will start carrying it again. Travis has even asked around to see if anyone has any left buried in their storage closets. No luck. Apparently the floods in the UK have disrupted Dr. Pepper distribution and no one knows when we'll see it again, if ever. I've got three left, and they're going fast... it's a good thing Finn's sleeping pretty well these days or we'd truly be in a dire situation!

0 comments: