Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Friday, September 7, 2007

Blueberry Burrito


This is our little blueberry burrito baby. So named by Travis as his swaddle is baby blue. Pronounced in the local vernacular as 'blue-bury' burrito. Finn likes being swaddled right now, the trick is to do it without making him too hot. It keeps his little hands from flailing around too much at night - and accidentally waking himself up (he's so small he doesn't have control over his arm and leg movements yet). Between swaddle, growing up, and we think the reflux meds he now sleeps from 7:30pm through to 4am. Didn't want to advertise that until he'd done it for a week or so...it's so exciting!
Things are looking up. The reflux medicine is working wonders, spit up is greatly reduced and fussing after bottles is getting much better. After our second visit yesterday to Evan the cranial osteopath Finn's settled a bit more. Evan has this thing I call the miracle touch. Yesterday Evan hit upon a muscle group in Finn's neck and shoulders and it was like flicking a switch. Finn went from a purple faced, flailing, screaming, seriously unhappy guy to peaceful, burbling, gurgling smiling Finn in two seconds flat. It was absolutely amazing. Apparently he's carrying some tension in his neck and shoulders...sounds a bit like something his mom tends to do :)
Today was round two of shots. And a weight/length check at my request. He's in the 97th percentile for his age - 10 weeks and 16lbs (he's a big little guy) but the GP and I created a good plan of attack to make sure he eats appropriately for his age and size. No nonsense about cutting back, he's not overweight, he's just SO long that he weighs an appropriate amount for his length. Finn has been BIG since conception, and neither Travis or I are shorties, but I still want to make sure he's as healthy as I can have him be. As big as he is I was getting concerned about the volume of formula he's eating, and at what point I'd have to start supplementing with solids. Age wise it's not recommended before 4 months, but he's so big that soon he'll need the additional calories to keep up. Many of you will not be surprised to hear that Travis' mom had to do the same thing (start solids early) when he was an infant. So in about 3 weeks the GP wants us to start with a couple of teaspoonfuls of rice cereal a day. Oh boy!
As far as what we adults have been doing, the big news for us is that we're excited to be getting back in the exercise groove. The weather has been glorious and Travis has started riding his bike to work. I'm trying to get to the pool for a swim more often, and Travis getting home a bit earlier helps that.

0 comments: