We went to a new GP today to 'register.' This is a weird thing that I don't quite understand...we had to make an appointment to get a new doctor. Both Finn and I had to go in and have a visit with the new doc, who will be our doc for the next 3 mos, and fill out a generic new patient form so Finn can qualify for the child benefit free health immunizations and checkups in the future. We'll be around to take advantage of the 2mos and maybe 4mos immunizations. So today both
Anyway, I liked the doc we saw today, nice guy who I think is younger than me. While we were there I asked him to weigh Finn, 5.75kg which I had to come home and figure out in lb and oz... hold on to your seat now... 12 lb 11 oz. WHOA! The doc was a bit amazed at Finn's weight and double checked his age with me. Yes, he really is still only four weeks old. Yes, he does eat a lot and yes we do go through a lot of diapers. And I think part of his overall fussiness HAS to be growing pains.
So, cute outfit pictures this posting. I especially like the 'tall' outfit which won't fit much longer. Travis has never seen this outfit in real life so when I put it on Finn today I was determined to take a picture of it on him so Travis could see what it looks like. For some reason this particular outfit always gets spit up on or falls victim to a diaper blow out. True to form Finn threw up all over it right after these pictures were taken.
Have you noticed the super chubby cheeks? When he sucks his head looks bottom heavy to me. I'm sure he'll outgrow it but it's funny right now :)
I tried to get some pictures with his eyes open, he's been awake more the past couple days. Trouble is when his eyes are open he turns his head to the side. The straight up head isn't coordinated with open eyes quite yet, at least when he's laying down.
PS if you click on the picture you'll get bigger ones... in the close up one where Finn's wearing the striped shirt you can see his milk moustache!

0 comments:
Post a Comment