This is my view of Finn most of the time. Although generally a little better in focus :) A little less in focus at 3:30am.
This week we'll go to the Dr. for our '6' week check up. We're told it's normal to have this check up anywhere between 6-8 weeks. This appointment is with the pediatrician we saw at the hospital. Then next week I think we have to go get our first round of shots. I am NOT looking forward to that! Poor guy is grumpy enough as it is, I don't really want to subject him to pointy things in his pudgy little parts.
Speaking of grumpy, he's still windy and still having a rough go of things. Yes, if he's awake he's agitated and frustrated and crying or on the verge of tears. We're getting some noises that aren't grunting, but neither Travis or I are holding our breath for contented cooing.
Ah yes, the Elvis impersonations! Young babies 'root' or shake their head back and forth with
pursed lips looking for food. Finn's been a great feeder, and 'rooted' from the beginning. There's a twist now, the rooting's been replaced by the Elvis. Now we get the lip curl. Picture that thing Elvis did with his lip where he curled it up. It's hilarious. I haven't managed to capture a picture of Finn doing Elvis as it comes right before feeding time, you'll just have to picture it in your mind. Even if poor Finn's having a rough time at least Travis and I are enjoying ourselves.
I don't know how much Finn weighs right now, I should be able to update that after our appt this week. But here's a picture of him so you can see how much bigger he is. He's holding his head up and is getting good trunk control, so
Ah yes, and a bath picture. Travis asked for one of these. This is
Last bit of news, last day in Dublin 11/16 and we're flying home. Where next? Unknown. May be back to Denver, may be on to somewhere new. Will know more in a month or so and will keep the blog updated

0 comments:
Post a Comment