My guesses were right, Finn tipped the scales at 1/2 oz shy of fifteen pounds today. He is indeed a very very very large baby for his age. He was fussed over and ooohhh and aaaahhhhed over at the doc's today. This was the follow up visit back to the office we spent our entire 40 weeks at (and the pediatrician was the one who saw him at the hospital not our normal everyday GP, we see him next week). They are a bit disappointed that we are leaving Ireland and taking what they are sure will be a future Irish rugby star with us...
So fifteen pounds is kind of heavy for a guy who wants to be held all the time and a new mom whose muscles haven't caught up yet (I know I get NO sympathy from you moms who are hefting around your toddlers). For the rest of you, try walking around with three bags of flour tucked up against your shoulder for three hours (and no sitting, that starts the howling, walking alternating with jiggling only please!). Or if you don't have any flour hanging around a couple of jugs of milk will do.
Ah, but it's all worth it :) Today I got the first real smile. And not just one, a whole variety pack. We've had a few test runs, but not the real thing yet and both Travis and I have been awaiting the real thing. I got so excited and I jumped up so fast to call Travis to brag about it I think I scared Finn. Added bonus, yesterday some serious cooing started! We still get plenty of grunts, but when he gets the least bit relaxed Finn will let go with some manly little coos. What a little guy... for those of you who have yet to meet him we just can't wait to introduce you to him.
Sorry no pictures with this post, will work on some more this weekend...check the last post if you missed it for some recent pics.

0 comments:
Post a Comment