See, Travis and I have the same exact phone. It was a buy one/get one deal and seemed like a good idea at the time. Mostly it is, we can do nifty things like share chargers, but the downside is our phones look identical except for their cases. Travis has a sticky black silicone case and I have a slick red case. He keeps his phone in his pocket and we learned that sticky cases pick up lint. I keep my phone in a million different places and if I had a sticky case it would drive me nuts, I have a hard enough time digging it out of my purse or pocket most days anyway.
My phone gets dropped every once in a while and the case is doing it's job, now it's cracked and needs to be replaced. I finally got to a mall this weekend and stopped in at one of those cell phone case kiosks that I'm sure you've seen at your local mall. The kiosk attendant proudly showed me the seven cases that would fit my phone and made extra sure to point out that three of them had "bling!" Uh, yeah, I know I'm a girl but I'm not really a phone bling kind of girl. The other ones, all but one were sticky silicone. Final one, BRIGHT baby blue with giant soap bubbles on it. No thanks.
So, I come home and try out the almighty internet retailer AMAZON. Yes, surely I can find a case for cheap, and free shipping, too! Let's see here, input search...991 results yahoo!
Wait, 500 of those aren't actually my phone. OK. 300 of what's left after that are black, which would make things very confusing around here. Delete all the ones with bling...that leaves me with about 150 cases. Wait, no sticky silicone because I can't get it out of my purse, OK make that 50 cases. And they mostly look like this:
I do realize that *someone* is elated to find the perfect cell phone case with skull and cross bones sporting big pink bows, but it's just not my style. I guess for those of us who are more sedate than bright green zebra stripes or more grown up than the air brush candy pink heart with fluffy flowers we could go with the leopard print bling, but I guess I'll just go with a plain solid color. Except not black.... maybe a cracked phone case isn't such a bad thing after all.





0 comments:
Post a Comment