A few days ago I had one of those days when everything that came out of my child's mouth made me smile, giggle, do a double take, or just go whoa. Here is a sampling of the gems that I managed to remember/write down.
Headed out the door as I'm scrambling to gather up purse, phone, water bottles, and other random things to get the two of us on our way: "Mommy, I need a phone. A real phone so I can call people and my friends. Not a pretend phone, one that really works. OK?"
Later that day, "I'm 4 1/2. And 4 1/2 means I love real stuff."
Uh, I guess no more of that pretend stuff we've been giving him.
"Mommy, you're smart."
Me, "Oh yeah? Why's that?"
"Because Daddy told me."
(methinks Daddy is the smart one!)
"I'm glad you're my favorite Mommy."
Me, in slight, mock alarm, "F, just how many Mommies do you have?"
That same day he treated the entire grocery line to a rendition of the Hot Chocolate song from Polar Express. as well as various clean up songs from home and school. Loud and clear, ringing out across all aisles of King Soopers. Three shoppers came by as I was paying to thank him for his singing. It was at this moment he decided to turn bashful and hide behind my knees. Yeah, 'cause he's super shy like that.

0 comments:
Post a Comment