Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Friday, January 13, 2012

New Knitting Projects

Now that the rush of the holidays is waning, and ski season hasn't quite begun here, I'm trying to get busy on some of my lingering knitting projects.  Like all good knitters, however, I get sucked in by a good ball of yarn.  I found this one today, and just couldn't resist.
It is officially the biggest ball I've ever bought!  It's 'rag', which isn't wool at all.  It's really old rags, torn into strips and wound into a giant ball.  I'm going to use it to knit up a rug I think.

I gave scarves this year, but forgot to take pictures of a few of them.  FFM and cousin Audrey got sewn scarves, mittens, and hats.  I learned that I have a long way to go before I should sew anything very serious.  The were awfully cute, but I think most of it was the recipients...

Two fun, ruffly scarves went to my mom and my MIL.

I made one more, an interesting drop stitch for Suzie, but I seem to have neglected to take a picture of it.  It's wavy and sort of lacy, in a not grandma type way.  I borrowed a photo from a fellow Raveler, here's the pattern but Suzie's was in a dark brownish-purply color.


0 comments: