Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Monday, February 21, 2011

A Better Winter

It's totally wishful thinking, but I keep dreaming that spring is in the air around here. The days ARE getting longer, that part's fact, but I know that it'll get chilly again and that the balmy days are just a teaser.

Whenever I have a few spare moments I work through some old photos, scan a few, put them in folders in the computer, try to get them organized. I realize this will probably be a futile effort as in 25 years all this technology will be obsolete and my grandchildren will have to do it all over again. However, it's often a lot of fun and I've come across some real treasures.

Here's a fun picture of winter in Paris from about 1978 or so, which makes me smile and feel less wintery.
That's me with the red umbrella, my brother Q in the stroller, and my mom carrying my youngest brother in a Bjorn predecessor. My late Grandma Moore is in the tan raincoat, my Grandpa next to her, and my aunt Melinda (then probably about Jr High) rounding out the group. We must have been having a grand time, what a lot of goofy grins! I remember this trip, I tried ordering French toast for breakfast since we were in France, and it was explained to me that the French didn't eat that. Boy, was I ever confused.

0 comments: