Sometimes I reminisce about the days when we were worried about FFM's lack of speech. Like today. We had a fairly long drive to do some volunteering with my cousin's Girl Scout Troop and he commentated my navigation of early rush hour traffic.
"Mommy, you forgot to use your turn signal." (oops, I actually was being lazy)
"Mommy, don't drive too fast." (I wasn't)
"Mommy, you forgot to stop at that stop sign." (I paused at a stop sign in totally empty strip mall where there were zero other cars or pedestrians in sight)
"Mommy, that's a school zone, watch out and slow down." (Roger that but thanks for the reminder)
"Mommy, the speed limit is three five. Are you driving slower than three five?" (yes)
It should be noted that he's much harsher to Travis. The commentary on my driving is pretty light, poor Travis gets hammered. Mostly because Travis doesn't really like to use turn signals, but I guess he'll learn since he now gets reminded fairly constantly. I should also point out that FFM likes to tell us where to go when were on familiar territory - i.e. things like "turn left here!" or, "keep going straight!" Helpful for our out of town guests.

0 comments:
Post a Comment