We're a house full of sickos this week. Travis is the worst, with an actual documented case of the flu. It's unknown if it is swine flu, Western Australia's official policy is only to test for swine flu if you are admitted to the hospital. However, since he had been overseas and he had a high fever, he went to the doctor right away who advised him to stay home and away from people for a week.
FFM and I have coughs, and are both generally tired which may be from the coughs and disrupted sleep or just from having our routines shuffled about for so long. Either way we've all been a bunch of cranky pants for a week now. Boy, I can't remember the last time I've looked forward to Monday and the start of a new week so much. Travis and I are hoping it's better than last week!
Travis' fever lasted 5 whole days, which in retrospect is a long time for an adult to have a fever. He's still coughing and sick sounding but generally so much better that he's definitely going back to work. The doc's diagnosis included a note that it would probably take Travis a full 3-4 weeks to fully recover. FFM and I seem to be lingering in the middle ground of not-really-quite-sick-or-well which I fear could go on for a while in our winter season here. We've been very good about taking our vitamins and I'm bulking up on echinacea which may be keeping it from getting worse. Thank goodness we didn't all get the flu, it was awful!
So, that's it. We're putting the time limit on feeling sorry for our sick selves as bedtime tonight and will wake up tomorrow feeling, if not better, than at least not pitiful about it :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment