About a year ago I posted a video of FFM and Travis playing 'didgeridoos.'
While in Brisbane Travis got to know an Aboriginal man who makes didgeridoos and bought one for himself. When I went back to Brissy in May he sent me with instructions to try to buy another one for FFM.
Now, to pick a good didgeridoo you have to play it, and I'm terrible at playing it. I can't make my lips flappy enough so it just buzzes. I was really hoping someone there would be able to test them out for me so I could complete the rare task that Travis has asked me to do. We got lucky, Travis' friend wasn't there that day but one of his helpers was able to perform enough that I was able to pick a really nice didg for FFM.
Since then the two have occasionally gotten out their didgeridoos to 'play' them. FFM's previous playing always consisted of just singing into this giant, hollowed out tree limb. Last time, however, he got it. And I'm not kidding when I tell you I was floored that our 2 year old had the lung power and flappy lips (OK, I'm not surprised about the lips) to get some decent notes out.
He looks like he's anxious to get out of the shot, it's simply because this is about the third video I took and he really wanted to watch it on the camera screen. He doesn't get that when he gets up he's not in the picture anymore...

0 comments:
Post a Comment