Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Monday, June 22, 2009

Pool Party

To celebrate the Big #2 in Perth, what better than a pool party?
OK, so it's the dead of winter here, but that's actually one of the reasons why I picked it. Parties in a park are popular, and very fun, but we're in the thick of rainy season here and I didn't want to stress about the weather (and it poured on party day). We also have extremely limited parking at our house, and FFM loves the pool (he has started hollering if we are driving and don't make the turn to the pool) so it sounded like a plan to me. Plus, they cater and clean up!
I did the cupcakes, a vehicle theme. I made the chocolate ones in a blender and it was so easy I don't think I'll ever buy a box mix again.Do you know it's really hard to take a group shot of all your guests when they are busy having a good time swimming around a giant pool? Anyway, here are a few of them... Ryan and his parents and Jacob and his mom...Ava and her mom...Cormac and Delaney with their dad, Ryan with his parents...FFM and his dad, Lexi on the slide with her dad ready to catch her, Amy and Jacob and their moms enjoying the really shallow end...I have a whole bunch of pictures (that I'm not going to post) of kids splashing around so much if you aren't me (who took the picture) or their parent you'll have no idea who they are :) I'll take that as a sign that they were having a good time.

After swimming the sandwiches and mini pizzas were delivered, and those kids were HUNGRY.Yes, that's a giant basket of chips/french fries (free with the party). After eating his sandwich the birthday boy got busy stuffing his face.Singing commenced, cupcakes were consumed, and FFM wanted to go back for more. The blue cupcakes turned everyone's lips and tongues blue and turned out to be the most popular with the kids. I'm not sure how the parents felt about them...I'm hoping there aren't too many stains...(Mom and Dad, I've had enough of pictures now and I'd really like to get back to my cupcake!)

4 comments:

Sullivan Family blog says:
at: June 22, 2009 at 4:11 PM said...

Happy Birthday Finn! It looks like you had a super fun birthday party. Good job Mom and Dad ;)

The Moores says:
at: June 22, 2009 at 10:02 PM said...

We are going to miss you guys in Denver :( What unlucky timing!

Anonymous
at: June 23, 2009 at 11:35 AM said...

Happy Birthday FFM, looks like he had a wonderful time. Glad to see that you all are doing well.

Megan T.

Mike and Susan says:
at: July 8, 2009 at 10:36 PM said...

Happy Birthday Finn!!!
Man, you have a lot of friends! Good for you!

Miss you -

Susan (and Clare)