Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Disappearing Kiddo

We're back from Adelaide, and both F and I are recovering from various bugs that we picked up along the way. F's been sick since Brisbane, and I got something in Adelaide that's made my stomach feel like it's been in knots for days.

While in Brisbane I got a call from the Public Health Nurse regarding an outbreak of whooping cough at our gym's daycare. Since F's was a bit out of sorts I took him to the doctor during our brief layover in Perth between trips, and he was diagnosed with adenovirus (totally unrelated to whooping cough) which is pretty common here this time of year. The bad news is he's still not quite himself and hasn't been eating much for the past two weeks. He's literally disappearing before my eyes. I'm going to have to reclaim some of the hand-me-downs I gave away, his pants are starting to fall off. Even those famous cheeks are starting to look smaller :(

Curious, I stuck F on the scale this morning. I think he's lost about 2.5-3lbs. That seems like a lot for someone so small... The good news is that this morning he finally ate an entire bowl of oatmeal with blueberries and then asked for more so I made him a piece of toast. Here's hoping he'll get back into the swing of things soon. Now all we need is for Daddy to come home from his business trip so we can return to regular programming for a few weeks before we head to Colorado (3 weeks and counting) in time for birthday #2!

0 comments: