Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, April 12, 2009

Home Again

I really like Australia. Melbourne and Tassie were great fun, even though I ended up with a nasty cold on day 3 of our trip and was pretty slow the second part of our trip.

As it seems to happen on trips/changes of scenery FFM had some big changes and lots of words suddenly appeared. He also suddenly got a lot more independent (OK, totally stubborn). The word 'No' uttered from an adult mouth appears to translate directly into toddler speak as, 'Please feel free to go ahead and continue doing that dangerous/offensive/naughty activity that you are doing.'

He also responds to any question with the word 'No', although we figured out it's just a response and that he simply doesn't use the word 'Yes' yet. No is an all purpose affirmative or negative response... It's great fun to listen to him identify every conceivable form of transportation that he sees and make all kinds of animal noises as we drive by farms. There was a trade off, albeit not quite an equal one, a single two-word combo has made an appearance 'more please' although it sounds more like 'mor peas.'

I also decided (again) that while it's really a US thing that I DO like it and think that if you're going to travel in tightly packed public transportation you really should shower and use deodorant. Please.

0 comments: