In fact if we parents aren't wearing shoes he'll bring us a pair of our own to put on, that's how much he loves shoes. I had to explain to the ladies at his daycare that he did not like to go barefoot, and could they please allow him to play in the sandbox with his shoe ON and that he'd be happier. Things have gone more smoothly at daycare since then.
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Child labor to pay for his shoe fetish
Someone is obsessed with shoes. All kinds of shoes. We definitely do NOT have one of those kids who doesn't like to wear shoes. Even when he wore baby shoes he NEVER tried to take them off and instead got all wiggly and flappy excited when it was time to put them on.
In fact if we parents aren't wearing shoes he'll bring us a pair of our own to put on, that's how much he loves shoes. I had to explain to the ladies at his daycare that he did not like to go barefoot, and could they please allow him to play in the sandbox with his shoe ON and that he'd be happier. Things have gone more smoothly at daycare since then.
Rainy season is around the corner and when I stopped in at our favorite shoe shop to replace FFM's favorite light up trainers (aka running type shoes that light up when he steps) they had gumboots in. Smart shoe shop, they even had a 'low top' style perfect for those who aren't big kids yet. The days following the boot purchase they were the shoe of choice, and were brought over anytime bare-footedness needed to be remedied - "Boos boos boos." He showed up for afternoon snack one day attired in his new boots and sunnies. So stylish.
I've taken his interest in housework and decided to turn it to my advantage. Instead of getting grumpy that he's underfoot I've taught him how to load a pile of laundry into the washer. I'm still working on getting him to leave the buttons alone...but it's SO COOL to watch those clothes spin around and around and around...
In fact if we parents aren't wearing shoes he'll bring us a pair of our own to put on, that's how much he loves shoes. I had to explain to the ladies at his daycare that he did not like to go barefoot, and could they please allow him to play in the sandbox with his shoe ON and that he'd be happier. Things have gone more smoothly at daycare since then.

0 comments:
Post a Comment