We had a great time in New Zealand! The scenery was, of course, amazing, and although we only spent a day in each port we felt we got a nice taste of a little bit of a lot of the country. On land one of the top favorites was the day Travis and I toured around the geothermal 'playground' of Rotorua in the pouring rain. I've never seen a geyser that goes off when soap is dumped in (by a park ranger of course) - as it started to erupt giant soap bubbles floated off into the sky...what a sight! Not the mention the endless pots of bubbling mud...geysers that erupted non-stop, and local Maori that cooked their veggies in the hot hot water. Also the trip Penny and I took to see the giant Kauri trees and the cave with the teeny glow worms.
Best all-family outing was a tie between Wellington's botanic gardens (wow! make sure to check out the bug that was stuck on FFM! ) and the Albatross/penguin day in Dunedin - pronounced Done-eden (thanks for the tip Mom, we sounded less like idiot tourists than most people on the ship).
And a bonus video from the latter half of the trip - although I'd forgotten to turn on the microphone so I had to add the music back on afterwards. I promise - it's the actual tune that was playing when the video was taken - Toddler headbanging to Farmer in the Dell.

1 comments:
at: January 22, 2009 at 5:20 AM said...
Holy cow Maggie! The photos of New Zealand are amazing and I think the place is calling me! I'll have to get details about the cruise from you. Perhaps we can do an abbreviated version. Why reinvent the wheel!? Loved the headbanging video too. That boy loves his music!
Post a Comment