Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Momentary sense of disconnect
My mobile phone is sick. And it's making me feel a little strange. I don't get that many calls/texts that I can't live without it for a couple of days, but we don't have a landline and I feel a little trepidation at letting it go to the hospital tomorrow. Walking out the door without a cell phone is like walking out without my keys, forgetting to put on wedding rings, or getting in the car and not buckling my seat belt. It's just such habit that it feels, well, like I'm forgetting something. I was halfway tempted to just buy a new one at the shop today, but my rational brain got the better of me and said, no, you can easily survive without a phone for two days. Let's just hope the nice folks next door let you use theirs if there's a life threatening emergency.

1 comments:
at: August 6, 2008 at 6:09 AM said...
I used to feel like that, especially since I have two phones (personal and work). But now I've realized how nice it can be to be disconnected, even if just for an hour or 2 days. Enjoy it!!
Post a Comment