Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Friday, November 9, 2007

The World's Largest Pepper Mill

This week Finn met his first relative. Travis' mom Penny arrived on Tuesday morning for a visit aka helpmoveandbabysit. She's already been a huge help. It's amazing how much difference one more pair of hands makes. No matter how jet lagged they are.

Penny also is now the proud owner of The World's Largest Pepper Mill. Won at the AWCD Penny Raffle on Thursday. We pooled our money and bought a pile of tickets and 'bid' on a few items for each of us. Penny won The World's Largest Pepper Mill and a pedometer and I didn't win anything :( The World's Largest Pepper Mill is already packed, I should have gotten a picture of it. It's got to be two feet tall and is filled with a lifetime supply of peppercorns. Maybe if she repacks I'll see if I can snap a shot.

The house here is an absolute disaster area but by Monday we'll have a bit more room to move around. The movers come to take our things away for our 130ft3 shipment (not as big as it sounds) on Monday and the piles in the living room will go away and we can live our last few days here without stepping around heaps of stuff. Of course that's because we won't have any stuff. The movers will pack for us but expect that I will have sorted and set aside our stuff from the furnished apt stuff. I have two piles, one to go into storage in Denver and one of stuff that will continue on to Australia with us. Bless my family for their faith in my organizational skills, who knows what we'll actually end up with when we finally land in Oz two months from now! Meanwhile we'll keep shifting boxes so we can open and close doors and moving heaps so we can navigate the narrow pathways between living room and kitchen.

Baby weight update: 9.7kg or 21.4lbs at 20 weeks (four months+two weeks). Clothing size = some 9-12 but mostly 12-18mos. Just bought size 4 diapers. Travis jokes that we buy diaper sizes by the month age that he is. Except he really never fit into size 1.

I'm getting a bit melancholy about leaving Dublin, I will miss so many of my friends. At the same time it's also exciting to think about meeting new friends and going to a new place. With a stop at home to see family, shop at Sunflower, and to gorge on loads of Mexican food first :)

0 comments: