It's been nice and quiet lately, I've throughly enjoyed having the time to go walking, swimming, AND manage a load or two of laundry in the meantime! (of course our dryer is broken and has been for at least a month now, so it's an even slower process than it used to be).
I seem to have either great days or really slow days during my last trimester - some days I wake up full of vim and vigor and am ready to tackle the world. Other days, well, it's just hard to get out of bed and get dressed. Luckily I generally have the first type of day, and even better when I have the second type I live a life of luxury where I can afford to be a bum on the couch if I want to be. The headaches are killer, I will readily admit I miss my meds!
So, Travis and I hit our one year anniversary of moving to Dublin! whoo hoo! How time flies. It really doesn't seem like a whole year has passed, yet here we are again in the land of 19-20 hours of light (MUCH better than when it was nearly the reverse this winter). Trust me, I can vouch for the fact that it's light at 4:20, I'm up most mornings about that time :) With the anniversary came a new contract, our original was up after a year. Last we'd heard our departure date was appx August, when the new contract came the date listed was Oct 30. Whoa! That threw us for a bit of loop, but after some conferencing we decided on an action plan. To stay that much longer after the baby comes we really need a different living situation.
Where we are now is great for 2 of us, but there are a few things that make it difficult to add a 3rd person in. When we thought we were only going to be here 6wks after baby it was OK, but several months? Nope, not gonna work. So, part of the new deal is a new place to live, which we are moving into on June 15th. Bigger, with a dishwasher, no stairs (3 flights up a skinny staircase now), and also NO TRUMPET! Our downstairs neighbor teaches private trumpet lessons. Always during the day, so as not to bother us in the evenings, but some of his students are truly awful. It's just painful to listen and with our thin floors (the walls are 2 feet thick, we wouldn't hear a thing thru them) we hear every overblown, out of tune, wavering note. I'll miss this part of town, I've really enjoyed it here, but will be thrilled with all of the new conveniences that will come with the new place. It's closer to Travis' job, so it will be easier for us to share a car some days, too.
While I'm at this long post, this weekend is a holiday weekend here in Ireland. One of the several 'bank holidays' sprinkled throughout the summer. We're headed to see the last little bits of Ireland we feel we haven't covered and will stay in a castle (Travis' request) out in the west about an hour or so from Galway. Our plan is to get out to the Aran Islands and on the way home swing by the Cliffs of Moher with a pass through The Burren. I'm sure there will be a few pictures to post after this weekend, hopefully the weather holds for us! It's been brilliant the last couple of days.
That's about all the news for now, more after this weekend!

0 comments:
Post a Comment