Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, May 23, 2015

Mini Jim Brickman

F truly loves piano. He picked one really easy and one really challenging piece for his spring recital this year. The challenging one, an arrangement of the Jim Brickman song Rocket to the Moon, marks the first time he hasn't had his recital piece 100% memorized,  but it's also the longest/most complicated piece he's played. 

When he chose this song we came to an agreement - he could perform it only if he put in extra practice so he would be prepared come recital day. Boy, did he ever practice. Most days it was about an hour and he only complained once  (he bargained for practice a different time of day, not to give it up altogether). It paid off! 

I want to give a very special shout out to my aunt Pam who decided F would be a good recipient for my grandma's piano. I hope you know how wonderful that made F feel and I believe that having a piano that is his very own is part of what makes music so special to him. 

0 comments: