We keep a bag of these in the freezer and he can help himself and microwave a couple anytime.
F's Hot Oat Pucks
4 C milk
2.5 C water
4 C regular oats
1/4 C maple syrup (or sweetener of your choice or leave out if)
2-3 T cinnamon
1 C toasted chopped walnuts
Raisins, Craisins, and/or frozen berries of your choice
Bring milk and water to a boil and add oats. Cook about 5 minutes, or until your preferred consistency. Remove from heat. Add maple syrup and stir through. Add cinnamon, walnuts, and fruit and stir until well combined. Let cool for 5-10 minutes
Spray two 12-count muffin tins with cooking spray. Alternatively, use silicone and skip the spray. Fill cups all the way to the top with oat mixture. We have various sizes and I try to fill them so that the pucks will all end up about the same size. This means filling giant cups only halfway.
Place all your tins in the freezer for a few hours until totally frozen. To remove from a metal tin you may need to run a little warm water across the back of the tin. To remove from silicon pan simply pop out by pushing on the back of each cup. Put into a freezer bag and return to freezer.
When you are ready for Hot Oats, place 2 pucks into a 2C glass measuring cup and add a splash of water or milk (more if you like your oats runny). Heat for 2 min and 30 seconds for a 1000w microwave. To serve F's favorite way, tip into a bowl and add 3 generous spoonfuls of yogurt and stir. Yum!
I don't usually sweeten his oats, so I don't always put in the maple syrup. Sometimes I have smooshy bananas around and I mix them in at the end, too. Nuts go in when I have them handy, and if you're an adult you might like to add half a teaspoon or so of salt for your palette.



0 comments:
Post a Comment