Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Monday, October 14, 2013

Corn Maze and Yarn Crawl

In case you think ALL we do in the fall is work on the house, here are the other fun activities the Moores have been up to.

I went on my first ever organized "yarn crawl." Yes, it's like a pub crawl but instead of lots of bars and drinks it's lots of yarn shops and wool. I went with my Mom and Debi, and we hit every yarn store from the south end of Colorado Springs to Boulder. It was SO MUCH FUN! Luckily the crawl coincided with my first paycheck so I went a little crazy buying all kinds of cool stuff. I even bought a drop spindle and am going to try to spin some yarn. I'm also going to learn how to needle felt a fun toy.

While I was driving across the front range Travis, FFM, and Emma did fun stuff, too. Travis was taking pictures to post this -
 on craigslist. Before he could do that Emma and FFM decided it would be a fun thing to play with in the greenbelt.


 Later that day Travis took both kids to the corn maze and fall festival at the Botanic Gardens in Chatfield. They had such a fun time that I'm almost sad I missed it.
Once they made it through the maze, which was just the right level of tricky, they spent hours playing on all the fun toys at the festival. 
 The bouncy, uh, bouncer? That's FFM flying in the air above the yellow stripe. Emma's getting up on the green stripe. They are still talking about "that cool bouncy thing."
 I got home late and called Travis to tell him to go ahead and feed the kids. They weren't home yet either so they stayed at the festival and ate fair food.
Snow cones and
 hand battered corn dogs and hot dogs
To top off a perfect fall day Emma spent the night at our house. Funny thing, though, both kids were asleep within 15 minutes of going to bed, festivals are hard work!

0 comments: