Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, September 29, 2012

Farewell Blue Car

Today we bid farewell to our Blue Car.  It used to be known as MY car, but after we bought the Red Car both cars started getting called MY car and Travis felt left out.  So we renamed them Red and Blue cars to keep it all fair and square.

I bought this car nearly 10 years ago back in my working days.  I traded in the first vehicle I bought totally on my own (an S-10 pickup) for my 2nd new car, a 'sporty' car.  I bought the  truck when I lived up in the mountains, it made a lot of sense, and established as a city girl I wanted a zippy city car.  Boy, was it fun.  I'll miss it.

It sold fast, much faster than we expected, and today we find ourselves a one car family again.  Travis and I did a little car shopping today and much to FFM's chagrin came home empty handed.  Since Travis can bike or bus to work we don't feel huge pressure to buy a car right away, but as soon as we figure out a few logisitics (which one fits best in our garage and do we want figure out the wiring to plug one in?) we'll be on our way to new car ownership again.

bye bye Blue!

0 comments: