Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, June 9, 2012

Knitting Weaving

In the winter my neck gets cold.  I wear a lot of turtlenecks and scarves.  When we lived in Ireland I found a beautiful woven scarf that I just love the texture of and I wear it often when the weather gets chilly (I understand it's 90f+ as I type this).  I'm not a weaver - yet.  I am a knitter, so when I found the pattern for a knitted scarf that looks like it's woven I was pretty excited.  

The pattern calls for three "very different colors" of yarn.  
My fellow knitters thought I was nuts knitting these three colors together.  I was taking a big leap of faith.  I ended up with this, which will go very nicely with almost everything I own!


The pattern is Koigu Linen Stitch Scarf by Churchmouse knits.  This was supposed to be a quick and easy project so I could wear it this past spring, but while easy I didn't manage to get it done in time.  Next winter!

0 comments: