After 82F today it was a balmy 41 today with snow showers. It was a perfect gray, gloomy day to stay inside and get ourselves settled after 1.5 weeks on the road. I mucked out and unpacked, F played, and when we got our chores done we headed to the library to get some books.
F picked some early reader books. Level 1. They are a little tricky and make him a little frustrated sometimes. He sat in the backseat and tried reading one on the way home from the library. At one point he got stuck so I had him sound out the letters.
"It's not letters Mommy."
"Sure it is. Take a look and if you can't remember the sound just tell me the name of the letter."
"It's not letters!"
"I'm sure it's letters. What does it look like?"
"Raindrops. One, two little raindrops"
Silly me, poor kid, not a letter a - "
I explained quotation marks. We've talked about them before when I've read, and he's seen them before, too, but I guess this is the first time he's sight read a book all on his own and run into them. Every time he got stuck the whole rest of the way home he'd say, "Raindrops, wuh, huh, ah, tuh, what! Raindrops."

0 comments:
Post a Comment