Copyright © Moores Go
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, April 15, 2012

Night out at the Nuggets


FFM is a veteran pro-football participant, having several live (pre)seasons of Broncos under his belt, but he had not yet been to see the Denver Nuggets.
There have been some really great deals on Nuggets tickets lately (that's our local pro-basketball team for my non-Yank audience) so I bought a pair and sent Travis and FFM on a guys night out tonight.  Travis came home and regaled me with tales of their first ever basketball game experience.  Take it away Travis:

FFM and I got to the arena and found our seats and took in the surroundings.  Our mid-level seats were pretty good for cheapo seats, but FFM was mildly disappointed that they were not at The Very Top Row.

Looking around, FFM said "Daddy - the basketball stage is REALLY SMALL!".  "Yes, FFM" I say, "basketball is played on a wooden court indoors, and it's much smaller than the Broncos' outdoor grass field ."

I pointed out some of the key parts of basketball, explaining that the Nuggets are the guys in blue and white, the other team is the guys in red and gray, and that each team tries to throw the ball through the hoop.  I also pointed out Rocky, the Nuggets' mountain lion mascot.  A little while later, Rocky reappeared, and FFM asked "Daddy, is that mountain lion a chicken nugget, too?"

Throughout the first half FFM cheered and clapped enthusiastically, chanting "Go Nuggets!  Go Nuggets!" with the rest of the crowd.  At halftime, we searched out the Very Top Row and climbed up to check out the view.  We were literally right under part of the ceiling, and FFM noted that "Wow, the people look REALLY tiny from WAY UP HERE!"  Shortly thereafter we descended all the way down and headed home for bedtime.  I don't know how long he will enjoy seeking out ultra-nosebleed seats, but it's sure fun to bask in his 110% enthusiasm for everything new.

0 comments: